A Quick Biltong Pate Recipe
- Serves 4-6
- 200g /7 oz Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 50g / 2oz Butter
- 100g / 4oz Biltong, finely grated
- 250g / 9oz Cream Cheese
- 250g / 9oz Whipping Cream, lightly whipped
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until soft.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Once cold, place the onion mixture in a food processor together with the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
Garnish with watercress and wafer-thin slices of Biltong. Serve with crackers or thin slices of fresh baguette bread.
You can keep in in the fridge, but remove it one hour before you would like to serve it.