How To Make The Boerewors Sausage Recipe.
Boerewors Sausage Recipe is an ideal meal to have in winter. Boerewors Sausage Recipe is also known as Worsjuweel. If you don’t have boerewors you can also speak to your butcher to see if he has use chicken sausage or normal sausage. He will able to help you source it.
Boerewors Sausage Recipe Ingredients.
- (South African farmer’s sausage)
- 1 tin (410 gram) apricot halves in juice
- 1 onion
- 1 capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 cups (200 gram) raw rice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons chutney
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
Boerewors Sausage Recipe Method.
- Set oven to 180°C.
- Chop onion and green pepper. Sauté the onion and green pepper in the oil until the onion softens. Push onion and green pepper to one side in pan.
- Add the curry powder and turmeric and allow to release its flavour before mixing with onion and green pepper.
- Take care not to let anything burn.
- Add boiling water, chutney, salt and pepper and allow to boil for 2 minutes.
- Cut the sausage into bite-size pieces and place in a 2-litre casserole dish.
- Sprinkle rice over.
- Spread the onion mixture over the sausage and rice.
- Scatter the apricot halves over the dish and add the apricot juice.
- Place the lid on the casserole and bake the dish in the preheated oven for 1½ to 2 hours at 180°C.
- Stir gently and serve warm.
Serve immediately as the flavours will be best when warm. We have more winter recipes for you including our very easy bobotie recipe.