Potato salad is a summer food that is enjoyed by lots of South African families when they barbecue. This dish can be paired with so many different meat dishes. You can also add biltong to the dish to enhance the flavours. When made correctly using our recipe it tastes amazing and will be a family favourite during any future summer barbecue.
- 1 kg / 4.5 lbs Potatoes, boiled until just tender
- 125 – 250 g / 6 – 9 oz Sliced Biltong
- 2 onions, chopped
- 125 g / 5 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 100ml / Quarter Cup of mayonnaise
- 100 ml / Quarter Cup of sour cream
- 100 g / Quarter pound Cheddar cheese, grated to make 250 ml
- 3 eggs, boiled and mashed
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Mrs Ball’s chutney or any other tangy chutney
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ml / 1 tsp dried or 15 ml / 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Skin and slice the potatoes.
- Fry the onions, mushrooms and green bell pepper in oil until onions are transparent.
- Scatter over the potato slices along with the Biltong.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and stir into the potatoes. Serve hot or cold. Serving cold is the preferred choice.